22 March 2009

the beginning...

so, the title of my blog is wideawake ascension. this was the name of the hurcules plane that first dropped my dad off into war in the falkland islands. this was the first time my dad used his camera properly, and the name always stuck. it kind of sounds like a post-rock band, but that's ok as i like post rock

i decided i needed some kind of way to express myself, or stop myself from going crazy in my head. i can't keep on holding back, and i can't carry on hiding things from people. i'm not sure if most of my friends even have a blog, or even a blog on blogspot but that's ok. a blog can be pretty therapeutic in some strange way that i don't understand, but i'm also the type of person that likes to be signed up to everything. i don't regularly use most of these services like twitter and youtube but i like to think i will one day

i'm currently listening to the album station, by russian circles. i was instantly attracted to the band purely because of their name. i like almost anything russian related, and was impressed when i finally played their first album. they're a three piece instrumental band

i'm currently back in wales at my mums house for the week. needed to get away from london for a bit, it was becoming a bit too much


No comments:

Post a Comment